Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed May 09, 2012 9:50 am

Hi All,
I can successfully connect to SMB shares in the windows environment when my MAC is in the office and connected to the LAN/Wireless, and I can browse them with ease and fast too.

When I go to any of our remote locations or even from home where I have a relatively fast broadband connection (20Meg down 1.5Meg up) the connection to the SMB shares through the VPN makes the experience horrible, taking up to 20 mintues to return the larger folders. It is important to note that I have 140 other Windows machines connecting and browsing properly. The mac is also running the latest version of Lion 10.7.3.

I have even tried MuCommander through the VPN and it experiences the same issue.
Has anyone experienced this issue and what have they done to resolve it?

In a further twist to this, the smb share is actually a DFS-R share. I don't think this is making much difference as locally it is fine, only through the VPN do I experience any issue at all.

Any help would be appreciated as I have pretty much exhausted my skill set with Macs.

Top Top