Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 pm

I have the original Parallels and need to upgrade to run Windows programs on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.3. If I buy Parallels Desktop V.4, which PC Windows should I run?

help

g

Top Top

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Site Admin

Parallels doesn't really care whether you have Snow Leopard or Leopard, so any versions of Windows is okay. Windows XP is still faster than Windows 7.

Top Top

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:32 pm

greggoryg wrote:
I have the original Parallels and need to upgrade to run Windows programs on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.3. If I buy Parallels Desktop V.4, which PC Windows should I run?

help

g

I recommend: don't buy this software.
Parallels is very buggy and tech support is the worst I've ever experienced.
most recent of many examples:
3/16/11 3:33pm, xxxxxx ticket number: need help stepping through mounting a hard drive: followed steps sent to me but I get stuck in a loop and have to force quit. tech emailed how, but was too simple:
1. Shut down Windows.
2. Go to Virtual Machine => Configure => Hardware => and click on "+" sign and add Hard Disk.
BUT can't choose OK when I choose the 1terrabyte drive; and then can't back out to try something else. have to force quit every time. tried all ways, and all lead to loop.
STILL ON HOLD: 3:44PM, since 3:33pm...
(Parallels LOST this drive after last time I seceeded in mounting it.)
still on hold 4:05pm...
4:08 NASAN. answered, with me on iphone, had to wait 35 min, and 3 min after he answered, the call dropped, dial tone. they called back within a minute but NO ONE RESPONDED. then they called back again, AND NO ONE THERE, again.
so, I called back from the toll free number: 1-888-811-2489
on hold with bad music again... 4:12pm, still holding 4:20pm... had to hang up & get the mail.
4:31pm called again, 888-811-2489, XXXXXXX ticket number; so, at 5:03pm some guy came on and said hello, but refused to answer when I talked to him, just waited a long time, and said hello again, then hung up.
there is nothing wrong with my phone. (Not the iphone, called from landline, good phone.)
this is the second time in 1.6 hrs that Parallels tech support blew me off.
NOTHING wrong with my phone or the line, they just didn't want to take the call after 5pm on the last call, and similar reason the first one?
TECH SUPPORT IS VERY BAD.
PARALLELS is very buggy.
do yourself a favor: pass on buying parallels. I wish I had... :)

Top Top