Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:14 pm

This site has always been really helpful, and answered a lot of questions in the past. First time I had to make my own question :)

We have a 10.9.5 Mavericks server that holds our shared drives. When a Windows computer creates a file and puts it on the shared drive, it comes with the permissions of [windows-computer] read & write, but then says everyone: no access. I'm banging my head against the desk trying to get new files to automatically be available from our Mac computers without coming back to the server and overriding the permissions for every file.

The windows computers log onto the server by doing: \\192.168.xx.xx\sharedrive

I've tried everything I can find concerning SMB settings on Windows.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Top Top