Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:55 am

Very very random issue here for anyone who might be able to shed some light.

We have a Windows 2008 R2 file server with a large single share point. When connected to this share point from a mac (OSX 10.8.5) via SMB, whichever folder seems to be the 91st folder (very weird) seems to appear and disappear randomly.This can be shown my adding a new folder called say "A", and the 91st folder will then show / not show / then show again on and off in both List and Column view on the macs.
This happens when that folder is selected or unselected.

This issue doesn't seem to occur on a mac running OSX 10.6.8.
However it does happen with a 10.7 mac, and don't have any 10.9's yet, but am going to upgrade one and test.

Due to the nature of it begin at the root of the server, and the different permission we have on certain folders, it's not that easy to move things to a "new share point", so wanted to see what you guys could suggest first off.

Thanks

Top Top

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 am

Update.

Seems to be ok in 10.9.1. Need a bit more testing but so far so good.

I get the impression SMB changed between 10.6 and 10.7. Has 10.9 got a radical change too from 10.8

Ta

Top Top

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Site Admin

Thanks for the update -- good to hear that 10.9.1 made a fix.

Yes, Apple did make a change in file sharing in Mavericks. It now defaults to SMB 2. There's information and workarounds at MacWindows File Sharing Tips and Reports.

Top Top

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah, although 10.9 seems to work, may not be an option for me to upgrade all my macs. And certainly that'll take some time to do. Be nice to work out why the issue pops up in 10.7/10.8

Top Top

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Yes! Because I also like this!
For technical personnel to solve!

Top Top