Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:58 am

Probably this is one of the most common questions.
I am trying to migrate all my data from outlook 2010 to mac mail.
This is a operating system switch so I was looking for some specific solution that can transfer all my mails including the attachments, my address book and all the contacts, all together over to mac mail.

Top Top

Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Import mailboxes:-

Mail can import messages from other email apps or messages from mailboxes that you exported using Mail.

1. Choose File > Import Mailboxes.
2. Select the email app you want to import messages from.If you're importing a mailbox exported from Mail, choose Apple Mail.
3. Follow the instructions that appear onscreen.
Make sure the app you're importing from is open and running, because some of the options require this.
If you're importing messages from a Windows or UNIX computer, select "Files in mbox format" and locate the folder containing the files.
If the email app you're switching from isn't listed, click Cancel. Consult the documentation for the other app to learn how to export your messages in mbox format (most email apps can). You can then import the mbox format files.

Your imported mail is stored in a new mailbox called "Import." To reorganize imported messages, create new mailboxes and drag folders and messages from the Import mailbox to other mailboxes. When you're done, you can delete the Import mailbox.
If you don't see your mailboxes in Mail, choose View > Show Mailbox List; empty mailboxes aren't imported.

Other alternatives are third party software use that are available online.
Every tool is excellent in its own way. But if I had to name one I would go for Pst Converter pro.

Thank you

Top Top

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:00 pm

To transfer data from outlook to mbox you can follow manual steps from here:
http://www.office.mvps.org/import_export/pst.html

There can be third-party solution also, check: Windows outlook to apple mail
Hope this helps.
Thank you

Top Top

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Bell233 wrote:
To transfer data from outlook to mbox you can follow manual steps from here:
http://www.office.mvps.org/import_export/pst.html

There can be third-party solution also, check: Windows outlook to apple mail
Hope this helps.
Thank you

I bought the software, pst converter pro, as I found other suggested ways a little time consuming to perform for a simple mail transfer job. This application was fast and transferred all my emails in one go. Thanks

Top Top