Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

I am experiencing delays when typing in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. In both cases a rotating multicolored sphere comes up and what I type does not appear until after a delay. There is also a delay when I try to send a message in Outlook. This has only occurred since December. I suspect there was a software update from Microsoft that is causing the problem. I have seen a fix for PC owners having the same problem at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-outlook/microsoft-outlook-and-word-are-now-running-slow/8a4257ba-c178-4979-8617-61cce4f25119

The fix, however, is an exe file which of course doesn't work on my Mac. I am using Office 2011, with Outlook for Mac 2011, Version 14.1.4 (111121). I have a Mac with OS X, Version 10.6.8.

Can you help?
Keith

Top Top

Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 am

I am on the same MAC OS X but on Office 14.1.3. and can'T remember that problem ever occured on my system, it might be the Office update in this case.

I had problems with serials mails not working for the longest time there and after I finally got to talk to a windows support tech after like 2 months he told be I should probably not update my OS X to LION since it could very well be broken again in this case -.- Thus it might also have been a recent OS X update.

Top Top

Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 pm

If you having problem with Microsoft outlook application such as it is working slowly. Then there might be several reason behind it. It occurred when Outlook application get outdated, infected by virus, Trojan, spyware, malware. The main reasons is pst file size. If the pst file size is more than it's capacity then you will notice several problem including delay when typing in Microsoft outlook.

To solve this problem first of all update the version of Microsoft Outlook application which you are using. Apart from this, scan outlook application with powerful antivirus software. If these steps do not solve this problem then there is something wrong in the pst file. Split the pst file into smaller size as well as use in-built scanpst.exe tool to repair damaged pst file. Source:-http://www.scanpst.co.uk

Top Top