Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 pm

I recently purchased a Mac Mini and Mac Book Pro.
I installed Parallel to be able to use Simply Accounting by Sage 2010 on both computers.
Individually, Simply Accounting works great on each Mac computer.
My issue is sharing Simply Accounting files in between the 2 computers.

I have not found a way to be able to use a Simply Accounting file located on my Mac Book Pro while I am working on my Mac Mini... is there a way to resolve this?? I am desperate and... scared that there might be no solution. :oops:

Thanks in advance for anyone's help...

Top Top

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Site Admin

Standard file sharing within Mac OS X and Windows will work, provided the two computers are connected to the network properly.

In Parallels, try the "Shared Networking" option in settings for the virtual machine.

Then, enable file sharing on the Mac (System Preferences>Sharing pane). Click the Options button and then check "Share files and folders using SMB." This will enable Windows (including Windows running in Parallels) to access files on that Mac.

If you want a Mac to access Windows, you have to turn on file sharing in Windows. How to do this varies with the type of Windows, so I would search Windows Help for "file sharing."

Top Top