Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:01 pm

I operate a mixed OSX/Windows 7 network which has worked perfectly for months. It uses WPA2 Personal encryption on all machines, and MAC filtering.
Recently the wireless settings at my son’s university have been upgraded to WPA2 Enterprise. His Macpro always used to appear as “John-3”, and that name still appears as the Netbios name in his OSX system preferences. However, that name no longer appears in the Windows network listing. It is replaced by names such as GH-240-73 or RA160-44. More importantly, I cannot logon to/access his computer on the home network with any of the username/passwords that either of us knows. He can use the wireless access point OK, but he cannot logon/access to any other computer on the home network.
I have tried resetting netbios names on the Macpro without any success.
Obviously I do not want to disrupt the Macpro security settings for his uni access, but how can I get the Macpro to regain access to the Home network resources?

I have noticed that the Macpro can see other Macs on the network, but not PCs

Top Top