Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:17 am

Hi, I have a specific question. We bought a whole new HP server and we installed a Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2 Standard for HPs. We are already done with everything but there is still one problem. We provide a VPN access for our clients to check their corporate data on our server. We enabled ABE (Access-based enumeration) in Windows server for a shared local drive. In this shared local drive, there are some folders and sub-folders. ABE does a smart thing that a specific user can see only specific folders and sub-folders in the local drive based on security permissions for each folders/sub-folders. We fix that perfectly. It works brilliantly on PCs with windows and also with some third-part apps for iOS such as File Explorer and for Android (app File Explorer). And THERE IS THE PROBLEM. When I access VPN on Mac OS, mac ignores these permissions and ABE doesn't work and the testin user can see and access any folder/sub-folder in the shared local drive. :twisted:

My opinion: I have already connect the VPN via Administrator who has unlimited access everywhere. I think that mac can remember this credentials, for example in macs keychain or it saved these credentials somewhere in mac. / OR/ There is a problem on Apple side, mac just don't support these features from windows server, but I think that there must be a solution.

Have you ever met this problem (bug)?
I will be pleased for any trick or any response, advice or manual how can we fix this ! :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! ;)

Top Top