Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 am

For the past couple of years I have been using my Macbook (Snow Leopard and now Lion) to connect to my office desktop (running Windows XP) through our company server which has been Small Business Server 2003. I use IPsec and Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) software, and it has been working very well.

Our Office system has now been upgraded to Windows Small Business server 2011 and my desktop PC is now running Windows 7 professional and for some reason I am unable to remotely connect to my Windows PC. Our IT contractors have (as far as they know) made the necessary changes to the certificates on my Macbook and even though IPsec seems to connect OK the RDC software seems to time out and not connect.

Does anyone else use this method? and if so could you give me any tips or suggestions, or maybe another method of remote controlling a Windows 7 networked PC. Our IT contractors are a bit stumped!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Top Top