Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:55 am

My apologies if this is an all-too familiar question with what seems like a blatantly obvious solution.

I'm waist-deep in trying to integrate a Win7 PC into a Mac-dominant LAN. For a variety of reasons too complicated to list here, I recently added a Win7 laptop to a trio of networked Macs my wife and I use to run a couple of small home businesses.

The three Macs share a WiFi connection to a cable modem via an Airport Extreme base station and can print to one of two printers connected to the network. One printer uses an ethernet connection from the base station and the other printer has a USB connection from one of the client Macs. Printing to the second printer requires the Mac it's connected to to be powered up.

It was a snap to connect the new PC to the base station right out of the box. Getting it to output to one of the shared printers though has left me with large bald spots from pulling out my hair.

I'd very much appreciate any thoughts on what I'm sure is a very obvious solution. Thanks in advance for sharing your suggestions.

CC

Top Top