Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all,
New to this forum but hope to spend more time here to learn. I have a client that has a few Macs in their PC world. The Windows server is 2007, running active directory. Mac client is 27" iMac, 10.6.8, Outlook 2011, full updates on all. Problem: Client has no problem at all logging in to Outlook, however, after a period of varied time, she gets a message that mail could not be sent or received. It can be 30 minutes to 2.5 hours, no discernable pattern, and then she is locked out of the AD. She calls the call center and they unlock her and she is OK for another couple hours or so. Why is this happening to only one Outlook user and not all / more of them. We have checked clock timing, permissions, passwords with and without keychain access, and have made sure that all check boxes for save password have been unchecked. These Macs are not bound to AD. Thanks for any help. I'll give more info if you ask the right questions.

Top Top

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 am

Can you tell me if you ever figured out this issue? I am the only mac user at my office, but we are getting ready to add another mac in the near future. I have been here using outlook on my Mac for 9 months with no problem. The issue of getting locked out just started after my last password change, but the password is entered correctly. My IT guy changed it again and I adjusted the password in Outlook on my computer to match. I'm still having this lock out issue. It says, cannot access email at this time, bad username or password...or something to that effect. Please help!

Top Top

Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 am

Does the problem remain when you use another mail client?

Top Top
  Profile WWW