Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I run a small business in which email is the mail source of our business working. I own a mac book pro and have office 2011 for mac installed.
Most of the employees use a windows based system, so i also thought to switch over to windows platform (for better synchronization) as i have a dell inspiron with office 2007 installed.

Now the main problem arises is that i want to move my emails from mac outlook to windows outlook, which i don't know how to do.
Please help with some helpful solutions.

Thank you.

Top Top

Sat May 25, 2013 12:50 pm

You can either use an IMAP or Exchange e-mail account: All e-mails in these accounts will show up automatically on the Windows side (and with Exchange, in addition to e-mails, you'll get contact and events as well).

Other than that, you'll need to export to an .olm archive and use a third party tool to convert the .olm to a .pst the Windows version of Outlook can use. Try this link olm files to windows format

Top Top

Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Anderson11 wrote:
You can either use an IMAP or Exchange e-mail account: All e-mails in these accounts will show up automatically on the Windows side (and with Exchange, in addition to e-mails, you'll get contact and events as well).

Other than that, you'll need to export to an .olm archive and use a third party tool to convert the .olm to a .pst the Windows version of Outlook can use. Try this link olm files to windows format

Well regarding your first option, that didn't work exactly, I mean I have thousands of emails to transfer and an imap or exchange account restricts us to upload each file or email one by one, wasting a lot of time.

But your second option was a good one. This application was everything that I wanted.
I have transferred all the emails safely, with the bonus of saving my folder hierarchy.

Thank you for support.

Top Top

Thu May 30, 2013 12:42 am

Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions. How does one export from Mail as a .OLM archive? The
Archive command in Mail exports as a .MBOX.

Top Top

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:19 am

You can use this tool http://www.olmpsttool.com/ and easily convert Outlook 2011 emails files from Outlook OLM to PST file format

Top Top