Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello:

I am using Outlook for Mac 2011 (14.3.0) running on Moutain Lion (10.8.2). I would like to transfer my mail, contacts and calendar from Outlook to the Mail, Calendar and Contacts. I've tried using "Import mailboxes" function on Mail but there's no option for .olm (export file from Outlook for Mac) file... Is there a way for the transfer?

Thank you,

Top Top

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Drag a mailbox from Outlook to the desktop, it should turn into an .mbox file, import that into Mail

Top Top

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 pm

A simple google search will help you get a lot of solutions for this particular problem.
Here is one search to help you get going:- Outlook to Apple mail

Top Top

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 pm

The method of dragging the mailbox from Outlook to desktop then importing to Mail worked for some mailboxes but did not for some. Not worked meaning the email content in the mailbox were scrambled and was not legible...

Is there a way to convert .olm file exported using Outlook's export feature to .mbox file format?

Thank you.

Top Top

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:01 pm

If the mailboxes are large, especially if sub mailboxes are included that can beth result.

What type of email account is this, POP or Imap?

Top Top

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 pm

It's POP.

I've also noticed that dragging the mailbox from outlook to desktop does not copy over sub-directories...

Top Top

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Yes, treat each mailbox individually, you may have to split very mailboxes before dragging them to your desktop.

There are simpler (but no longer free) methods.

Top Top

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:45 pm

I chose an application, olm converter pro from the search link you provided earlier.
That did the job perfectly without any hitch.

Thank you for support.

Top Top

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 am

Hi! I would like to suggest you to try OLM to MBOX converter once; which is beneficial for you and easily converts entire mail data within a second. For more information you can visit on: http://www.olmtomboxformat.n.nu/

Top Top

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 am

Though creating IMAP account and dragging emails is good method but if you have a lot of emails this method seems to be a tedious one. The simple and easier way is to use some OLM to PST Converter application. This useful software can be downloaded for a free trial from here: http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/olm-pst-converter.html

Top Top