Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 am

Hi, I have recently installed outlook on my mac and configured my emails, it has been working fine until recently. I receive this error code

An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded,
or there may be too much net traffic. Error code 3259

I have searched the net and found this top that suggests changing port to 587, (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2443563)

It doesn't work

I have spoken to my host and they have suggested setting authentication to same as incoming server. Firewall is off.

This doesn't work either.

Please, if anybody has any ideas how to fix this problem would be appreciated. i have purchased outlook especially to use and it has been working fine. Help?!

Thanks

Top Top

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 am

Is nobody able to offer any advice re this? If I am in the wrong section please can someone direct me to where somebody can help. I can;t be the only person who has experienced this error...

Top Top

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Site Admin

What version of OS X and Outlook are you running?

Does the error occur when you connect to Exchange Server in your organization, or is this some other email supplier?

Thanks!

Top Top

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 am

Hello! Thank you for your reply.
I'm using Mac OSX 10.6.8. Outlook for Mac 2011 11.6.
It is on a private hosting POP server, no network
Since this post I have run macbook cleaner to hopefully get rid of any errors. I've also built a new account reinstated outlook and my account settings, problem still happening though.
If you can shed any light that would be great.

Top Top

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Site Admin

It sounds like you've tried the right things. Here's a longshot: There was once an problem of not being able to send Outlook mail in Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.x). Reinstalling Safari cleared up the issue for some users. I never heard an explanation as to why.

The last Safari for Snow Leopard is Safari 5.1.7. You can download it here:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/#internet

Let us know if this works.

Top Top

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 am

Thanks John, I found this post and tried this also but to no avail ;(
So frustrating, I've wasted nearly a week trying to fix this problem now!

Top Top

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Site Admin

You might try updating your Office 2011 for Mac. You said you are running version 11.6. Microsoft just released version 14.3 a few days ago. But, last summer's update (14.2.3) fixed a number of problems with Outlook.

Top Top

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 am

Thanks John it is fixed now, I had recently changed internet network and I now apparently have to use their outgoing server details and not my third party smtp! It took me a week to fix that, what a nightmare. Thanks for your advice though

Top Top