Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 am

Recently, when I forward or reply to an email, the Sent or Date line disappears (gets dropped) in that email. It becomes impossible to keep track of the date/time of previous messages in the email thread. Sometimes, when I need to document when I received a message, I look up the date/time in my In Box and type it in manually -- which is too time-consuming.

I've tried to find something in preferences, tools, and options that I can fix this, but no luck. Is anyone else having this issue? How can I fix it?

I'm also noticing it in email threads sent to me within my company. Several emails in a thread have no date/time. I've asked company IT, but have not received a reply yet.

Top Top

Fri May 18, 2012 11:38 am

Receiving the same issue on a client's mac.
He's using Outlook 14.2.2 on OS 10.7.4 and it behaves like yours.

My mac has the same versions and it doesn't do it. Could it be conflicting software that sync's with Outlook?

Top Top

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

Microsoft Office Update 14.2.3 addresses this issue.

After you install the update, you must empty your folder caches in Outlook:

1. Right click the default folders (Inbox, Sent, etc.), and any other folders you've created (in my case, "Read Mail") and select "Folder Properties..."

If you have a lot of subfolders, just right-click the account name header, and select "Folder Properties..."

2. Click the "Empty" button in the center-right of the dialog window, and let it run its course. Once it's done, you can click the OK button.

You can then test it out by selecting a message from one of your folders, and clicking the forward button. The quoted message should now have the time stamp restored.

Top Top
  Profile WWW