Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:34 am

Dear people,

I am using MS-Outlook:Mac 2011 and am experiencing weird behaviour.

Somebody tried to send me a *.doc
When i get it in my Inbox it is shown with a size 700kb
If i open it (preview/doubleklick) it says it's 0 kb
The same when i try to safe the file. The file is beeing safed on HHD but also 0kb big.

if i access my inbox via Webmail i can download and open the file correctly.
if the sender renames (not reformat! not export in another format) the file into *.docx
the file arrives right and i can open it.
If the doc is zipped, received in outlook, safed and unzipped it works too.

So the outlook seems to block exactly some files having .doc extension although MS claims not to block *.doc

Since I can not influence all my contacts to rename their docs, it's not helping to talk about the format of the file. I really just want to safe/open it as it arrives on the Mailserver.

Can anyone help?
Thx!

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 am

I just registered here today. I'm considering buying the upgraded Word for Mac and shifting to Outlook. When I saw your post, I became concerned about the .doc attachments, as I receive and send many. Did you ever get resolution of this? Thanks, Elizabeth

Top Top

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:15 am

elyon123 wrote:
I just registered here today. I'm considering buying the upgraded Word for Mac and shifting to Outlook. When I saw your post, I became concerned about the .doc attachments, as I receive and send many. Did you ever get resolution of this? Thanks, Elizabeth

no never ;(

Top Top