Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:51 am

I asked this question on Mac Forums and thought I would try it here as well to see if anyone had any information:

I work for a law enforcement agency and the IT has always been pretty strict on getting our work emails on our phones. When the iPhone came out it was pretty easy to set it up on the iPhone just entering the needed information like user name and password and server address.

iPhone and iPad is no problem getting work email but when we try the same for our Macomb air or iMac both using lion it just wont work. Im not quite sure why it will work on a iPhone or ipad but not on a MacBook or iMac.

The most logical answer you may say is “Just ask your IT Department.” That would be great but if it was up to them they wouldn't have wanted it to work on the iPhone or ipad either so we will not get any help there. I was just trying this route on my own. Not sure if its possible but the logical side of me says if it can work on two mac products then surely it can work on the MacBook or iMac.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Top Top

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Site Admin

Can you provide some more details? Are you using Microsoft Outlook for Mac or Lion's Mail? What happens when the Mac tries to access mail -- do you get an error message?

Top Top

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:06 am

I am using Apple Mail. When trying to set up new account it says it cannot log onto the server. I tried the same with Outlook for Mac 2011.

Top Top

Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am

What we've found is that you still need to enter the server addresses manually even when you tell Outlook 2011 (or Apple Mail) to setup the Exchange account automatically.

Another thing to think about is that both Apple Mail (Snow Leopard and Lion), and Outlook 2011 require a connection to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 server or later. Are you sure your company has this version of the Exchange server or newer?

Top Top
  Profile WWW