Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi,

I have entourage with my email account setup on about 20 computers (all mac). They are all setup with POP. It's also on a blackberry using Exchange.

I just got an iPhone, and would like for my mail to show up as unread there first, and stay as unread, until I read it on my phone. I don't use a typical email like gmail, MobileMe etc. I am using Microsoft exchange.

I have setup the account on my iPhone as IMAP, POP, and Exchange to be able to pick the best way. So far, IMAP brings email in the fastest. POP doesn't work, and Exchange is about 20 seconds slower than IMAP.

Here's the problem... everytime I check my email on my phone, it goes from unread to read before I even check the mail. The SEND and RECEIVE button on entourage is what is killing me, it is marking messages as read on the phone, that haven't been read yet, they've appeared on my main mac, under send and receive in the inbox only (not been read).

Not sure how to fix this. Been thru all the settings in Entourage. Turned all the other devices off, except iPhone, and main mac.

Can anyone help? :cry:

Thanks,
Rachel

Top Top