Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 am

I wonder if it’s possible to stream DVDs stored on a home server to an iPhone over a home LAN? How might this be accomplished? I assume the DVD would have to be converted to an Apple format firstly and then there would have to be an app to fetch the content in stream mode and display it correctly on the iPhone screen. Can this be easily done? Is this already possible? It will be a cool thing I think would be easy to accomplish and another way to use DVDs already purchased.

Top Top

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Actually you are not allowed to stream the DVD directly to your device, the first thing you may crack the DVD content to any video format you want, (like mp4, avi, wmv anything else.) Then you can use video streaming tool to fetch the content in air and display it on your iTouch. In a word, you may use DVD ripper software + streaming video tool. There are a lot of dvd ripping tool on search engine, as to the streaming video soft, here is a free app release on iTunes app store, you may take a shot: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/air-playit-streaming-video/id449212860?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Good luck :)

Top Top

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:08 am

thank u Sissy. :mrgreen: i downlowded this app and it's good

Top Top

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:19 pm

I also worry about this matter, there is no know?
There are good people quick answers, I will thank you!

Top Top

Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:02 am

I agree - not once used this app and it works as it should.

Top Top
  Profile WWW