Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Does anyone know how to stop deletion of email on the iPad when it is deleted from the exchange server? I want to be able to keep the emails on the iPad even when it is deleted off the exchange server.

Top Top

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Right now it's working the way it's supposed to: it keeps the mail synchronized. If you want to keep it on the iPad, you have to set up the account as a POP3 account. That way the message is actually copied to the iPad as opposed to being synchronized with the iPad.

Both Exchange and IMAP will synchronize changes back/forth to/from the server.... So if you mark a message as read on the device, it gets marked as read on the server. If you delete a message on the server it gets deleted on the device.

With POP3, once the message is downloaded to the device it doesn't synchronize any message changes back to the server.

Hope that makes sense.

Top Top

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 am

I'm having a similar issue.

Before I make some changes, could you read/answer the following - just to be clear. Should I set up the account on my iPhone as POP3? (as opposed to another location?)

I'm just a bit confused as i have other accounts on my phone (6 of them, actually) and aside from gmail, the rest of them are IMAP and I don't have this issue with the server.

My messages all stay on my phone until i open and read them in Outlook on my laptop. The ones from gmail and IMAP accounts stay on the server (webmail), outlook, and the phone. The Exchange account emails only stay on the laptop and disappear off the phone and webmail.

Your help is much appreciated.

Top Top

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

If thats an Imap account you are using, then it would be not possible as far as I know.
You need to download the emails on your ipad in order to save them.

I hope this link will provide you same information on how to download emails on Ipad :http://www.ipadtraininglessons.com/tag/how-to-download-email-on-ipad/

I hope this information help you.

Top Top