Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:20 am

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I 'accidentally' installed a torrented game, and it seems to have stopped my outlook from syncing properly. Below is a list of events, I hope someone know what to do...

Unfortunately I don't have a time machine backup

1. I installed a game, and a 'patch' that meant I didn't have to activate the game.

2. at the exact same time, my mac stopped syncing emails (deleting items or putting them in folders etc) but does send and receive OK.

3. I've removed the game including the patch, but the issue persists.

4. when I check the email progress, all processes complete except Deleted Items : Uploading.

I'm using OS X version 10.9 and Office 2011.

My concern is that the patch has in some way altered something fundamental and that it might stop other programs from sending out info.

Is there a way of isolating what files its potential altered? I know the date and time of the install if that helps..

Thanks again, I'm such an idiot for doing this, but you're being very helpful

Top Top

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 am

Hello,
I dont think so that the game or the patch that you downloaded has anything to do with the outlook working. Just restart you system, check your internet connection and try re-syncing outlook. If the problem still persists then please inform.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks

Top Top

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks Bell233,

I've taken the following steps several time, with no joy...

- Reinstalled my OS (Mavericks)
- Rebuilt my mail database (several times)

The problem also exists in my Mac Mail application.

Kind regards

Top Top

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 am

Site Admin

Mavericks has a lot of problems with mail, including Outlook and Exchange Server. Apple will need to fix these in an upcoming update, but 10.9.1 doesn't do it.

You can see our coverage of Mavericks mail problems here.

Top Top

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:44 pm

My friend you are indeed correct that Mavericks has lot of problems that needs to be take care of and the issue that you are going through “querty” has been faced by many Mac users up till now. Therefore, this is probably from what you can take advantage of that is a blog specifically intended on Mac’s sync services error.

Hope this help http://stewartpattinsonte.wix.com/macsyncserviceserror

Top Top

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:32 am

Similar to other OS, even Mac system is bound to get damaged or lost data. Once, corrupt an OS loses several data and it gets difficult to stop or perform complete data repair instantly. More details visit here: http://recoverydatatools.com/mac-data-recovery.html and more details read this post http://macrecoverytools.blogspot.com

Top Top