Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm

I am trying to create a standard desktop/dock setup for all AD users logging into Snow Leopard 10.6.8 across a number of macs

Each user has their home folder appear in the dock no problem when they log in, but I want every user (over 200!) to see and use the same applications, hard drive hidden, locked down menus etc. so they can't fiddle and do things they shouldn't

They log into AD on a Windows Server.

Is there a way of doing this?

I have seen forums on copying a default user library into the main system library but i have tried and it doesn't work.

hope someone can help!

Top Top

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Site Admin

You'd have to add something to Active Directory that added Dock settings as a group policy. Centrify could do this (installs on server), as can Thursby Software's ADmitMac (installs on Macs).

You could also add a Mac OS X Server, and use Open Directory bound to AD, and the MAc OS X Server's Managed Preferences to do this. Lion Server would work for this.

Top Top