Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:39 am

Hello all, wondering if somebody can help. I currently use Xserves running 10.6.8 Server in an AD/OD Magic Triangle. AD is just for authentication, and OD does all the user environment, AFP home directory shares. All works well and disk quotas work using the EDQUOTA -U USERNAME for the AD accounts. I am trying to do the same with 10.8.2 Server (with latest server App). The AD user can login and get there home directory via AFP, only problem is they can see the entire size of the RAID, quotas will not stick. I used the touch command to create a quota file, turned quotas on with UNIX command and now the EDQUOTA -U command opens the VI window to set a limit (before running the UNIX commands running EDQUOTA -U on AD accounts just done nothing, VI didnt even open). Please, what am I missing, all is working apart from disk quotas. The AD user logs in fine, has full access to their own home directory, but no quotas???

Top Top
  Profile WWW