Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:39 am

Hi all,

I'm new in an IT department, with a win2003 AD server, many windows client ad about 40 mac (desktop and notebook): our policy force password change every 3 months, and often OS x won't use the new password, bypassing AD domain, try to use keychain password; generally i resolve this issue by:

1 - repairing keychains on preferences -> first aid
2 - deleting all entry as "system login" (so, next time you log witn AD credential he ask if you want to sync. the new password on keychians)
3 - uncheck "set keychains as default" (so system is forced to use another source for login)

My problem exist with laptop who use wifi access (linux router and windows 2003 radius server).
Sometimes, it's not possible to login, neither with old or new password. The only solution seems to reboot and pray: after one, two... ten reboot, finally system recognize the password (obviously local account run ok).

This problem occour only with notebook connected with wifi.
Any idea?

Top Top