Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 am

Hello:
I have 20 macs running on an enterprise network with Active Directory. The IT department has started managing the Macs. The users log in to the Active Directory and everything seems to function as expected except MS Outlook 2011 always asks for the user's login info over and over. It's not consistent some days it may request the info once but other days it could be 10 times. I've cleaned out the Keychains, I had them enter AD name \ username when requested. I've been told by the IT folks that it's the way AD has been implemented that's causing this problem. What does that mean? I'm just the lowly Mac guy here trying to figure this out. Does anybody have any idea what could be going on here? If you need more info, please let me know.

Thank

Top Top

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Site Admin

This sounds like a problem reported on our Outlook 2011 Tips and Reports page. Check there and scroll down to look as some of the suggestions.

Let us know if anything there works for you.

Top Top

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks for the tips. The issue has been resolved. The users have been swapped over to corporate images and BAM! the issue went away. Of course they will not tell me how this was fixed but....It's working and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....Besides we're I.T. and you don't need to know!!!

Thanks for your responses.

Top Top