Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

I've been having fun with my ancient iBook G4 (first laptop- still runs great) after I found a copy of Virtual PC 7.0.3 and Windows XP Pro SP3. However I can't install Office 2010 (using Lacie external DVD burner). I get the message, "Microsoft Bootstrapped has encountered a problem and needs to close......" I tried turning off DEP, and updating to the latest 4.5 installer. I know my install disc is good, and every other facet of XP is working fine. As a last resort, I put in an Office 2007 disc and it installed effortlessly.

Question....has anyone else been able to install Office 2010, or is there something that prevents it from installing on a PowerPC platform?

Thanks for your help. Learned alot about VirtualPC from this site! Not a Windows guy, but I'm learning!

iBook G4
Leopard 10.5.8
1.33ghz Processor
1.25GB Memory
240GB MercPro SSD

(My real computer- 17 inch Macbook Pro)
Lion 10.7.3
2.66 GHz i7
8GB Memory
240GB Vertex2 SSD
Parallels 7, Windows 7

Top Top