Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi

I have a MacBook 2.4 (late 2010) w/ OSX 10.6 running VirtualBox 4 with WinXP sp3. Is it possible to run Bootcamp 3.x assistant to create a bootcamp partition and move the XP installation to that partition?

The reason is, I have trouble with running particular games on VirtualBox, I guess it has to do with DirectX and 3D support. The graphics card of the MacBook is a NVIDIA GeForce 320M, and XP gets 2048MB RAM and 128MB video RAM.

thks
Hans Erik

Top Top

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Site Admin

You can certainly migrate a Windows setup into a virtual machine, but I've never heard of anything that can migrating a Windows setup out of a virtual machine. I don't believe Boot Camp Assistant will do this either. I could be wrong...

For gaming, you are better off with Boot Camp, as you say. Parallels Desktop also does a good job with 3D graphics in Windows games. And you can import a VirtualBox virtual machine into Parallels Desktop.

Top Top