Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:32 pm

im having a problem on my macbook w/ mac os x 10.4.9 and installed windows 7 via campboot.... but after i finished the installation and restarted it while holding down the option key, it wont show the selection of operating systems instead, i got this password box........ i also cannot boot back to my mac os and also on my dvd even pressing 'C' button (seems any boot key combinations are not working coz i got no apple logo and no chime sound at startup)... but it can load to windows 7.... what will i do.. im out of ideas... having no luck with boatloader easybcd....

i inserted ubuntu 10.04 and boot from there... i navigate to disk utility and i can see there the hs+ partition of my mac... i itried to fsck that drive but i just can't coz its journaled enabled and i can't disabled it through my mac coz as i said i cant boot to it..... i really need help guys.. pls help me pls.... tenks...

Top Top

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Site Admin

Try resetting the parameter RAM by holding Command-Option-P-R keys at startup.

(See more on this here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379)

After that the Mac should at least boot from a startup DVD when holding the C key.

Be aware, however, that Windows 7 is not supported on Boot Camp in Tiger. This version of Boot Camp was officially a "beta" and is not supported with updates from Apple.

Top Top