Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:12 am

Hi

Brand new here so apologies if this is buried somewhere and I've failed to find it.

I've installed Windows 7 64bit professional under OSX 10.9.1 using Bootcamp 5.1.0

The install went fairly well until - and this was under Windows - the Apple Bootcamp drivers went in.

Restarting Windows caused a Blue boot fail screen and meant I had to use the original restore point to get up and running. Which told me that something was amiss with the drivers being loaded.

I fished around on the USB drive that bootcamp had created and manually installed the Atheros driver to give me WIFI access but I'm still short on sound, a proper keyboard driver (no @ symbol is a royal pain :) )

I will be needing USB3 shortly (its a software install that tells me its required) - can any kind soul tell me how to either

a - install USB3 - hopefully its on the Bootcamp USB
or
b - Which drivers to delete / rename on the Bootcamp USB to give me improved functionality

Many thanks

Mark

Top Top

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Site Admin

This sounds like such standard setup that you shouldn't need to go in and delete/replace/rename Apple drivers.

Is there anything odd about your setup? Did you format the partition using Boot Camp Assistant? There's also two sets of Boot Camp 5 drivers now -- perhaps you have the wrong set for your Mac? Or perhaps you have an older Mac that requires Boot Camp 4? I have a list of which version support which Macs in this story, Apple Updates Boot Camp 5 to Support Windows 8.1.

Top Top