Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side

Login | Register

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:36 am

I have a 24" Mac with Os 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard) with a Bootcamp (3.1) partition with Windows XP. How do I internally share a file made in Mac Os with Windows XP?

Top Top

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Site Admin

If you want to see and access the Mac partition from within Windows, you can install MacDrive in Windows.
http://www.mediafour.com

Top Top

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:24 am

Thank you for your swift answer. I thought it was possible without extra outside software but apparently I was wrong.

Top Top

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:00 am

Site Admin

Sorry -- Boot Camp 3 gives you read-only support to access to the Mac partition from within Windows. If you need read and write access, you can add MacDrive.

Top Top

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:54 am

When I am in the Windows partition and click on "this computer" I do see a "Macintosch HD" pictogram with a small, red Apple logo on top of it. Yet selecting it does not reveal the content as if I were on the Mac side. Do I have to make a special folder where my stuff is stored for MAC/PC exhange? And if so, are there special settings to adhere to?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Top Top

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, could you tell me please how cann I open a connection with FDB-File. In every example Ive found is only GDB File as File with Firebird-DB.

Could you help me ?

THX

Top Top
  Profile WWWICQ

Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 am

Exact same question I asked myself some time ago. You really need outside software in order to accomplish this task, unfortunately.
Another tipp would be the simple USB stick, not a solution for regular work, but if it's just a file now and then...

Top Top

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:48 am

Another approach would be to get a ExpressCard (32GB) and it can be accessed via both OS, uses more power though and also you still need NTFS-3G for OSX to write to it.

Top Top

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 am

It’s really great to post my comments on such a blog. I would like to appreciate the great work done by the web master and would like to tell everyone that they should post their interesting comments and should make this blog interesting. Once again I would like to say keep it up to blog owner!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
estetik

Top Top

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

franciscus wrote:
I have a 24" Mac with Os 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard) with a Bootcamp (3.1) partition with Windows XP. How do I internally share a file made in Mac Os with Windows XP?

You can just go into boot camp, go into the Explore (right click on start menu) and then go into the original HD partition.

From there, simply copy (won't let you delete I don't think) and paste into your designated folder.

You can also just stream things like movies or videos from the partition as well.

Also, it helps to just throw a shortcut to your user folder somewhere for easy access

Top Top