Gabor Hollai in Budapest sent us a step-by-step on how he got Lion 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 to work with Active Directory:
In Hungary we also had fought to OS X 10.7 and AD network users. One site is working fine with the network user login from 10.7.1. Another site we needed the 10.7.2 upgrade. See below how we do it both locations.
- Check the Name of computer in Sharing and in "System Preferences -> Network settings -> Advanced -> WINS" The Computer Name needs to be same.
- Add manually in "System preferences - Network settings - Advanced - DNS" the Search-Domain even if it's greyed out. Also check the first DNS server is Windows 2008 server.
Remember: we needed to upgrade the primary DC to Windows 2008 r2, the secondary is still Windows 2000.
- Open Users & Groups -> Login options and make sure that a list of users is selected, select also the pulldown menu "Shortname"
- Open Users & Groups and click on "Join" and type in your DC (e.g. dc01.emea.corp.domain.com)
- Verify that the hostname is correct and put in your network admins credentials
- After the computer is bound to the AD please open the Directory Utility and open the Active Directory option
- Open the advanced options section and check "Create mobile account at login" and uncheck "Require confirmation"
- In the administration section please put in your DC and additional account for administration. Uncheck authentication from any domains from forest!
Remember: if you don't do this you are not able to add the domains the next step.
- Add in the Search Policy you structure for the authentication path like "/Active Directory/EMEA/emea.corp.domain.com" and "/Active Directory/EMEA/corp.domain.com"
- Click on apply and close this window
- In the system settings open Users & Groups. It mud show now that network users are allowed to log on.
- Reboot - Log on with AD user
(These steps come from Karl in Germany; thanks to him.) One more thing:
We use Canon printers. Some Mac's upgrade (10.6.8 - 10.7.2) the preview has error when we try to print. Maybe it is better to remove all printers before upgrade the OS. Now I need to remove all printers and reinstall it.
If you've tried this